Hanami 1.3: deployment and hosting services

Hi all,

I would like to ask for some advice regarding deployment and hosting services. This might also read, I’ve built my Hanami app, what do I do next? :slight_smile:

So far I’ve only deployed my first app on a client’s server in a dockerized environment. However, the hosting services world is still unfamiliar to me.

My friend and I are currently completing the next Hanami app. The stack is more or less out of the box a Hanami 1.3 app with Postgres, redis and custom UI with JS.
Our first requirement is showcasing the app. The next one would be production deployment on a hosting service.

The question here is twofold, in fact.

1. Which hosting service plays best with Hanami, i.e. is beginner friendly.
  2. How to tackle multi-tenancy (and possibly licensing)? Can this be achieved by the hosting service or is it still not possible due to Hanami not supporting multi DBs yet?

I hope I haven’t left out any important information.

Thank you.
Sebastjan

@sebastjan_hribar Hey, if this is a new world for you, I would suggest to use Heroku, because of its simplicity.

For muti-tenancy, what do you mean exactly? At the database level, DNS host level?

(and possibly licensing)

Licensing of what? :smiley:

So I have left out some important information. :grinning: My apologies.

For multi-tenancy I’m thinking of database separation for each client in case of B2B market. I should have probably omitted the licensing here as it’s tied to the business model anyway. But still, I was thinking in terms of licensing of our app that we would need for B2B or B2C. Therefore, if any of the hosting services has this built in. I know I these might be “newbie” questions, but we have to start somewhere, right? :slight_smile:

I worked a lot with DigitalOcean due to complete control they offer with a decent simplicity.

You can have multiple dbs on the same postgres server so I don’t think it’s an issue.

Heroku is probably the easiest one to setup without any devops knowledge.

Here is a decent list of hosting providers, some applicable inly for frontend, but I believe it’s worth evaluating

Thank you for the information and the list.

You can have multiple dbs on the same postgres server so I don’t think it’s an issue.

Is this specific to DigitalOcean? Also, what puzzles me is, what do we have to prepare in the app itself in order to use this feature.