Folder organization discussion proposal

Hi,

I learned yesterday about Hanami and so far I’m loving it! After seeing that it’s inspired by Uncle Bob’s Clean Architecture I instantly became a fan and intend to start using it in my next projects.

After trying on the beginners tutorial I noticed something that I thought could be improved: the folders’ structure. In the following lecture, Uncle Bob says something that I found really interesting: when you look at a Ruby on Rails folder you instantly know it’s a project developed in Rails. Isn’t it better if you look at the folder structure and instantly know what the project is all about (say a books organizer)?

Of course we shouldn’t just follow blindly everything that Uncle Bob says, but I think it’s nice to discuss it. What do you think about it? Should Hanami be reorganized in such way that features folders are in the root (or say in a “source” folder) and controllers, entities, repositories, templates, views and interactors inside each of them?

I hope this is a good place to put such discussion. I searched for other possibilities, but since it’s more of a philosophical long term issue, I thought this was best.

Best regards,
Victor Aldecoa

@victoraldecoa Thanks for you suggestion. Yes this is the right place where to discuss about it.

We already have lib/ folder where you can add interactors. For me, each interactor maps one-to-one the use cases of a project. By simply looking at lib/bookshelf/interactors you should be able to determine the use cases implemented by a project.